ports/178170: [patch] x11-servers/xorg-server: xkb misbehaviour on keyboard layouts switch

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Sun Apr 28 12:40:03 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR ports/178170; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eugene Grosbein <eugen at grosbein.net>
To: Niclas Zeising <zeising at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/178170: [patch] x11-servers/xorg-server: xkb misbehaviour
 on keyboard layouts switch
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 19:36:29 +0700

 On 27.04.2013 14:02, Niclas Zeising wrote:
 > As we're in the middle of updating all xorg related ports, including
 > xorg-server, please test the CFT that was sent out earlier, and see if
 > the problem still exists.  Which version of xorg-server is the patch
 > against?
 > Regards!

 Sorry, I forgot to mention that patch applies cleanly to xorg-server-1.7.7_6,1
 despite its age, the patch applied to xorg-server-1.6.5 too.

 There is report in mentioned freedesktop bug discussion the problem here in xorg-server 1.14.
 It seems, not nuch has changed in this xkb code.

 I've read CFT letter. I'm legacy NVidia hardware user, it seems I should not touch newer X.org?

 Eugene Grosbein