PPC DRM graphics testing

matt sendtomatt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 04:20:26 UTC 2012

On 11/11/12 12:21, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> On 09.11.12 22:55, Andreas Tobler wrote:
>>> It did not work here :(
>>> I am using WITH_NEW_XORG, could be that
>> That is one difference, don't know how big/important. I will try to play
>> with WITH_NEW_XORG.
> For the record. I updated to NEW_ORG, portmaster -a after adding
> WITH_NEW_XORG to /etc/make.conf. Additionally I had to rebuild the
> video, keyboard and input drivers.
>

> Started X, everthing seems fine. I could run the glx demos but the
> content was crap. There was some animation but with the glxgears demo I
> couldn't identify the gears itself. I only saw some rotating rays.
> Updated to mesa-demos 8.0.1, no improvement.
>
> At least no hardlock.
>
> I'll see how I can dig into.
>
> Andreas

"OLD_XORG" causes an immediate hard lock with games/minetest (I wanted
to rule out mesa-demos as it seems to compile its own version of mesa vs
libGL?) I cannot SSH in or do anything except reboot. I assume you are
also running CURRENT. If that is the case, I think we can say works on
hardware (g5 agp) for certain, and it doesn't seem to work so far on the
one mdd g4 tested. I am upgrading to WITH_NEW_XORG again, because it got
further than an immediate hardlock in OLD_XORG for me. I did not install
xfce this time, just minetest and blackbox. I tried xorg-server with
AIGLX off as well as on too.

So possibilities:
Radeon 9000 has some hardware quirk
G4 MDD has some hardware quirk
My radeon 9000 is broken
My G4 MDD is broken
Remotely possible CPU=7450 or -O2 is breaking things?

Matt