PPC DRM graphics testing

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Sun Nov 11 20:21:52 UTC 2012

On 09.11.12 22:55, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> On 09.11.12 07:30, matt wrote:
>> On 11/07/12 13:16, Andreas Tobler wrote:
>>> So. Newer ati packages did not improve. I then decided to start from a
>>> clean base, no debug Xorg, no debug radeon driver etc. I cleaned,
>>> deinstalled and reinstalled first the xorg-server then the dri and
>>> afterwards the same for the xf86-video-ati. The order of dri and ati
>>> does not matter I think. Having done this, I was able to run the
>>> 3D-demos.... yeah! The kernel has WITTNES and friends commented, also
>>> DRM_DEBUG is off. Here the excerpts from the Xorg.log: X.Org X Server
>>> 1.7.7 Module radeon: compiled for 1.7.7, module version = 6.14.3 Andreas
>> It did not work here :(
>> I am using WITH_NEW_XORG, could be that
>
> That is one difference, don't know how big/important. I will try to play
> with WITH_NEW_XORG.

For the record. I updated to NEW_ORG, portmaster -a after adding
WITH_NEW_XORG to /etc/make.conf. Additionally I had to rebuild the
video, keyboard and input drivers.

Started X, everthing seems fine. I could run the glx demos but the
content was crap. There was some animation but with the glxgears demo I
couldn't identify the gears itself. I only saw some rotating rays.
Updated to mesa-demos 8.0.1, no improvement.

At least no hardlock.

I'll see how I can dig into.

Andreas