2/3D rendering cards

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Wed Jul 25 16:30:24 UTC 2012

2012/7/25 joaoBR <joao at matik.com.br>:
> that is 3D or 2D or both?

Both.

> I am aware of it and missing gallium driver, because same Ati card on
> Fedora works full 3D and openGL stuff, stable and clean, while on
> FreeBSD it does xRender only

Same for me.

> thanks for having answered this, I still appreciate if you could be more
> specific on the nv/nvidia driver with not commercial driver

With nv you won't have 3D, and only parts of 2D accel I think. You may
have something better with nouveau, but I don't know its actual state
on "official" ports without using patches or 3rd-party ports.

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."