xorg-dev ATI X1550 drm problem

Johannes Dieterich dieterich.joh at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:24:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

thanks for the reply. :-) Also sorry for double-posting the initial mail,
not intentional.

> Do you have WITHOUT_NOUVEAU=yes set in /etc/make.conf?

No. Is this still necessary with the xorg-dev repository? I thought this was
just for the stock X-server to pick up a more recent Mesa? At least the
installed libGL is of version 7.11, which is the correct one.

> nexuiz is not playable on a Radeon HD4650 without reducing the settings and
> works only at default settings or less on a 4850.  openarena or ioquake3
> work well.

I know, the card is very old. But the issue is not a low framerate or
anything. It just crashes the complete X as soon as I start either warzone
or nexuiz. Not even a CTRL+F1 is possible to break to the console.

Both worked with the stock X-server version, therefore this seems to be a
regression with the development X-server.

> This is a generic xorg.conf that works for me on various systems with
> various brands of video cards and even in VMs.
>
> Thanks a lot! startx/kde works without problem also with this xorg.conf,
still the 3D-related error remains the same.

Anybody got any further ideas?

Johannes