xorg-dev ATI X1550 drm problem

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Oct 18 00:31:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011, Johannes Dieterich wrote:

> At first, the update seems to work as I can start and run KDE w/o a xorg.conf
> as usual w/o problem. Unfortunately, games like nexuiz/warzone crash the
> server immediately when starting them (leaving me with a hanging screen,
> typically black) and I would assume this holds also true for other openGL
> intensive codes. This is a regression compared to the stock X11.

Do you have WITHOUT_NOUVEAU=yes set in /etc/make.conf?

nexuiz is not playable on a Radeon HD4650 without reducing the settings
and works only at default settings or less on a 4850.  openarena or
ioquake3 work well.

This is a generic xorg.conf that works for me on various systems with
various brands of video cards and even in VMs.

----
Section "ServerLayout"
 	Identifier   "X.org Configured"
 	Option       "DontZap" "Off"
 	Option	     "AIGLX" "On"
 	InputDevice  "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
 	InputDevice  "Mouse1"
#	InputDevice  "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
 	Option       "AutoAddDevices" "Off"
 	#Option       "Log" "sync"
EndSection

Section "Files"
 	ModulePath "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
 	Group 0
 	Mode  0660