I am...unimpressed with this newest upgrade of X

J. Altman freebsd-announce at chthonic.com
Mon May 17 01:12:20 UTC 2010

It seems...buggy. I pointed out in -questions that a re-install of
some ATI bits was necessary to have a working X install; then
Seamonkey started crashing; and now I find (having decided to check a
variety of applications) that Grip also falls over and dumps core
about one second after start..

Also, that whole "users of math/libgmp4 should have no problems using
portupgrade" thing was not trouble free, as indicated in the 20100419:
AFFECTS: users of math/libgmp4 note in UPDATING. I had to do things
manually (make deinstall libgmp4, make install gmp) to update that
port: the use of portupgrade failed. I have no idea if this is related
to the X issue.

Applications did not crash prior to the X upgrade; and that upgrade
did not go well on:

FreeBSD whisperer.chthonixia.net 8.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2
#0: Sat May 15 11:47:55 EDT 2010
root at whisperer.chthonixia.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WHISPERER  amd64

That is all. Thanks.