color corruption with xf86-video-nv-2.1.16 (X.org 7.5) on NVidia Quadro NVS 140M

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Wed May 5 06:13:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

since upgrading to X.org 7.5 my Thinkpad T61 shows very "psychedelic"
colors when running X (for example, xdm has a bright red login window
(should be grey) with a neon green border). The effect looks like in the
olden days when you had per-window colormaps and the screen around the
window switched colors as soon as you focussed that window...
I tried re-rebuilding xf86-video-nv and some other graphics card related
ports (in case of messed up build-order when upgrading), but that did not
change anything.
Removing xorg.conf (which was working with X.org 7.4) did not help, either.

Anyway, my data:
FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2
all installed ports as current as available from my mirror (one hour ago)
pciconf shows the graphics card as
vgapci0 at pci0:1:0:0:     class=0x030000 card=0x20d817aa chip=0x042910de rev=0xa1
    vendor     = 'Nvidia Corp'
    device     = 'nVidia Quadro NVS 135M or Quadro NVS 140M  (Unknown)'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

and X detects it as
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01 at 00:00:0
(--) NV: Found NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M at 01 at 00:00:0

Anything else you need to know? I'm quite happy to test about any patch
you might have, as the situation is not as relaxing as it used to be ;)

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space