bug: xcursorgen build from latest SVN

Henrik Hudson lists at rhavenn.net
Sat Apr 3 15:36:53 UTC 2010

I'm rebuilding my laptop and pulled in the latest 8-STABLE (4/2) and ports (4/2) with a SVN pull and merge from the xorg maintainers for 7.5.

doing a make install in /x11/xorg leads to an error building xcursorgen. It's looking for libpng12.pc, but the new PNG push this to libpng14.pc

1) editing the packages configure file to just use libpng instead of libpng let configure finish
or
2) symlinking libpng12 to libpng14 also worked

I don't know what the proper fix is and/or if it should be reported upstream to xorg or is this a freebsd ports or freebsd xorg issue?

Thanks.

Henrik