Intel Driver And Missing /dev/agpart Problem Resolved?

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Jan 30 15:44:41 PST 2009

In message <498376C9.2090207 at tundraware.com>, Tim Daneliuk writes:
> Last I checked, the Intel driver did not work properly with FBSD 6.x
> and some mobos with onboard video chips.  My understanding was that
> it worked on 7.x but that 6.x had the dreaded "Missing /dev/agpart..."
> message.
>
> Has this been resolved in 6.x?  Is there a workaround?

	Prior to the recent xorg update I had both /dev/agpart and
	acpi_video working.  This required pulling down a driver
	from FreeBSD 7 as the two bits of functionality were mutually
	exclusive and I needed both.  See the freebsd-x11 archives
	for what I did.

	If you don't need acpi_video the /dev/agpart was working
	prior to the recent xorg updated.   This was with a ports
	updated on 2009 Jan 21 23:31 UTC.

	I've not been game enough to try the recent xorg update.
	I think I'll let the FreeBSD 7 users work out their problems
	then when they appear to be stable I'll try a upgrade.

	Mark