xf86-video-nouveau

swell.k at gmail.com swell.k at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 08:38:52 PST 2009

(replying to myself)
swell.k at gmail.com writes:
<snip>
> Well, I was surprised that it worked without modifications, too.
> The PR number is `ports/131276'.
>
> There is one known issue in it: switching from Xserver to syscons
> and back to Xserver causes the latter to crash.

I uploaded new snapshot[1]. Since then more code was moved to libdrm and
it now depends on libdrm_nouveau.so. That bug with Xserver crashing was
fixed, too. And I've got a few more successful reports: another GF6150
and GF9300G M (sic!). So if anyone have troubles with xf86-video-nv
he/she can try luck with xf86-video-nouveau.

[1] ports:
ftp://ftp.lissyara.su/users/Guest/libdrm.tar.bz2 (provides libdrm_nouveau.so)
ftp://ftp.lissyara.su/users/Guest/xf86-video-nouveau.tar.bz2