[CFT] drm updates

Coleman Kane cokane at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 14 16:46:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 12:35 -0400, Robert Noland wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 12:00 -0400, Coleman Kane wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 21:04 -0400, Robert Noland wrote:
> > > I have prepared a set of patches for drm kernel modules against -CURRENT
> > > and -STABLE.  I would like to get this into HEAD fairly soon.
> > >
> > > This update has the latest vblank rework bits in it, so if you have
> > > hardware that can disable vblank irq's (radeon, intel) you should see
> > > the irq counts drop if there are no vblank consumers running.
> > >
> > > i915 suspend/resume support is included.
> > >
> > > For Intel, this should pick up support for the g33 chipsets as well.
> > >
> > > Lots of other fixes here and there...
> > >
> > > The patches are located at http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland
> > >
> > > robert.
> > >

> > Robert,
> >
> > Are these patches just snapshots of code currently in git master, or do
> > they also include fixes pending commit to git master as well?
>
> This is a snapshot of git master as of a few days ago...  git master is
> no longer useable after this point, at least not for intel.  I hope to
> eventually get gem working, (shameless plea for help) but it may take
> some time.  Given that we haven't had a real update to drm in a couple
> of years, I wanted to get this in the tree.  There are a few patches
> present in this changeset beyond what was in git master.

I've been tracking master, rather than using the drm stuff in sys/
lately. Since I've got an AMD RS690, I just disabled the Intel driver
after the gem breakage. I should probably try your patches out instead
of the git tree for a bit just to make sure that they don't break
anything new.

I'm still running into some GPU crashes in the current state of the drm
git tree / DRI drivers from git.

> As I stated earlier, the future of drm.git is in question right now, so
> I'm not sure what the best way to move forward is yet.  I would like to
> go ahead and get in the features and fixes that we have now, rather than
> stall out and wait until we have the next feature... We will wait
> forever on some feature or the other.

Argh for the Linuxization of the DRM code.

--
Coleman Kane