[CFT] drm updates

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 14 16:35:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 12:00 -0400, Coleman Kane wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 21:04 -0400, Robert Noland wrote:
> > I have prepared a set of patches for drm kernel modules against -CURRENT
> > and -STABLE.  I would like to get this into HEAD fairly soon.
> >
> > This update has the latest vblank rework bits in it, so if you have
> > hardware that can disable vblank irq's (radeon, intel) you should see
> > the irq counts drop if there are no vblank consumers running.
> >
> > i915 suspend/resume support is included.
> >
> > For Intel, this should pick up support for the g33 chipsets as well.
> >
> > Lots of other fixes here and there...
> >
> > The patches are located at http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland
> >
> > robert.
> >

> Robert,
>
> Are these patches just snapshots of code currently in git master, or do
> they also include fixes pending commit to git master as well?

This is a snapshot of git master as of a few days ago...  git master is
no longer useable after this point, at least not for intel.  I hope to
eventually get gem working, (shameless plea for help) but it may take
some time.  Given that we haven't had a real update to drm in a couple
of years, I wanted to get this in the tree.  There are a few patches
present in this changeset beyond what was in git master.

As I stated earlier, the future of drm.git is in question right now, so
I'm not sure what the best way to move forward is yet.  I would like to
go ahead and get in the features and fixes that we have now, rather than
stall out and wait until we have the next feature... We will wait
forever on some feature or the other.

What I'm aiming to do with this changeset, is identify any outstanding
bugs/regressions and get us a little more current than we are today.  I
have a lot of work that I would like to do outside of trying to keep up
with the new features coming out, but time is limited...

robert.