ports/122405: x11-servers/xorg-server update breaks scroll wheel support on mouse

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 3 14:00:03 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/122405; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Sean C. Farley" <scf at FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, ls.colby at gwirynybyd.com
Subject: Re: ports/122405: x11-servers/xorg-server update breaks scroll wheel
 support on mouse
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:55:11 -0500 (CDT)

 I can confirm this issue on a system with HAL disabled for all ports
 using ums0 and the following in /etc/rc.conf:
 moused_enable="NO"
 moused_nondefault_enable="NO"

 I would like to also point out that even if I force the correct protocol
 to SysMouse from auto, the mouse wheel is non-functional.  In my case,
 almost all mouse movements and buttons are mapped to button 5 as noted
 by xev.

 Sean
 --
 scf at FreeBSD.org