ports/122405: xorg-server update breaks scroll wheel support onmouse

Helge Oldach ports-xorg-server-apr08 at sep.oldach.net
Thu Apr 3 11:50:04 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/122405; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: ports-xorg-server-apr08 at sep.oldach.net (Helge Oldach)
To: ls.colby at gwirynybyd.com
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/122405: xorg-server update breaks scroll wheel support onmouse
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 13:02:05 +0200 (CEST)

 ls.colby at gwirynybyd.com wrote on Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:03:07 +0200 (CEST):
 > After portupgrade to xorg-server and reboot mouse wheel no longer worked for scrolling in X on any application.  GPM is disabled for non -X applications

 Same here. The magic delta (seen here identically) appears to be:

 846,847c846,847
 < (II) Mouse0: SetupAuto: hw.iftype is 3, hw.model is 4
 < (II) Mouse0: SetupAuto: protocol is SysMouse
 ---
 > (II) Mouse0: SetupAuto: hw.iftype is 3, hw.model is 0
 > (II) Mouse0: SetupAuto: protocol is PS/2, level is 0

 Apparently mouse type detection is broken.

 I don't use moused.

 I've compiled xorg-server from ports, using the default OPTIONS - which
 includes support for HAL. However I have not installed HAL. Maybe it is
 worth testing with HAL support disabled. (Haven't done that.)

 Helge