More problems after upgrading to 7.3

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Sat Sep 15 15:21:45 PDT 2007

Some of the newer drivers in Xorg 7.3 (at least the radeon driver,
probably intel as well) now use xrandr 1.2.  I've discovered that the
radeon driver that comes from ports insists that I have something hooked
up to S-Video, with one monitor on DVI-0 and nothing on DVI-1 (though,
in fact, I have monitors hooked up to DVI-0 and DVI-1 and nothing on
S-Video).  This led to various problems.

Upgrading to the latest ati driver in freedesktop git fixed the problem,
though.

Perhaps you're having a similar problem.  What video card do you have?
What's the ouput from 'xrandr'?

Adam