More problems after upgrading to 7.3

Lars Stokholm lars.stokholm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 14:40:24 PDT 2007

After upgrading from Xorg 7.2 to 7.3 I have a couple of more or less
serious problems.

First it should be said, that after the upgrade I ran Xorg -configure
and modified the resulting xorg.conf to my needs: Specifically adding
"DefaultDepth 24" and "Modes "1024x768"" to the Screen and Display
(sub)sections.

But now:

1. My keyboard lights have stopped working.

2. When I run startx my monitor will change mode, power off, reset and
finally - after watching the  fireworks - I'm introduced with a
resolution/refresh rate of 1280x960 at 60Hz. Not exactly matching what's
in xorg.conf.

What's wrong?

Lars Stokholm