Updating X.org FreeBSD ports to 7.3

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 00:20:22 PDT 2007

2007/9/10, sarek <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com>:

> Thanks for the help...
>
> The build went without a hitch (no previous version of X installed).
>
> It still doesn't like my card but I guess I will have to wait for Nvidia to
> release the new driver in the next few days... the nv driver doesn't
> reconize the card and the prioritory one has a ABI mismatch that -ignoreABI
> doesn't resolve

Yes, this sounds like Nvidia needs to recompile their driver under
Xserver 1.4 which ships with X.org 7.3

> I am stuck with vesa I guess, but I will say the vesa driver on 7.3 is a
> better then the one on 7.2 but it still blanks the screen under heavy I/O
> (disk)
If you look at X.org gitweb, you can see that the vesa driver hasn't
changed.  I'm also stuck with the vesa driver, but I've never seen
screen blankings.

Regards,
Rene
--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001