The dash key doesn't work in Cyrillic keyboards

Mikhail T. mi at aldan.algebra.com
Fri Nov 23 13:37:37 PST 2007

Hello!

I had the keyboard-switcher configured in KDE to cycle between the main US,
Ukrainian, and Russian keyboards. I use the "phonetic" layout for the latter
two.

Some time after a partial upgrade this summer the "-" (key to the right of the
zero) stopped working -- pressing it while using either of the Cyrillic
keyboards does not enter anything. I'm forced to use the minus key on the
numeric sub-keyboard.

I just rebuilt another computer (from scratch) and am seeing the same problem
on it...

I'm not sure, whether this is an X11 or a KDE problem :(

	-mi