Xorg update success (finally ;-)

Randy Pratt bsd-unix at earthlink.net
Mon May 21 19:21:06 UTC 2007

Kudos to all for a job well done!  It seemed to take *forever* and I
ran into a few bumps along the way but they were not due to the xorg
update itself.

I had a few ports build-failures from the first portupgrade -a which
ended up requiring that pkgdb -F be ran.  That resulted in installing
some missing xorg parts.  In the end, I had to do a pkgdb -L to
fix up some dependencies followed by a couple of forced portupgrades
to have a "clean" set of packages before running the final merge
script which found some long-forgotten cruft.

It was no surprise that a few things cropped up considering the number
of ports touched by the update.  In the end, all seemed well and
any applications I've tried work as expected.  Perhaps its my
imagination but the new xorg does seem snappier.

Thanks again for tackling this huge job!

Randy