Update not working

Bill Tillman btillman99 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 13:51:17 UTC 2007

I run FreeBSD-6.2-RELEASE-p6 on my machine and tried to install mplayer from ports. It complained of needing an update to X so I checked out section 20070519 of the /usr/ports/UPDATING file. I followed the steps therein but hit this error when I tried to do the portupgrade commands:

  ...17000.... ..... done]
  missing key: categories: Cannot reand the portsdb!
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/portsdb.rb:567: in `open_db': database file erro (PortsDB::DBError)

  Can anyone help me with this?