ports/x11-fonts/XFree86-4-fontScalable, installation problem

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Fri Nov 26 12:01:45 PST 2004

On Friday 26 of November 2004 09:56, pltxtra at 733kru.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE installed, and tried to install a package
> from ports (graphics/dia). This package depends on XFree86-4-fontScalable.
> When I tried to install this package I encountered problems in the
> Makefile,
> /usr/ports/x11-fonts/XFree86-4-fontScalable/work/xc/fonts/encodings/Makefie
>l to be exackt.. make reported ""Makefile", line 664: Missing dependency
> operator" what does this mean? The line looks like this:
> MakeEncodings($(SUBDIRS) $(DONES),$(ENCODINGSDIR),. large)

Hm, this shouldn't be in Makefile, this is a line from Imakefile. Could you
send a bit more of this error.

> I have googled for a sollution, and I found one report of the exact
> problem, over a year ago. But noone has reported any solution. What does
> the error message mean? Is it a fault in the Makefile? Or could it be
> because I have an old version of imake or something similar? (note, I have
> at least the version shipped with 5.2.1-RELEASE)

Imake should be the same version as other XFree86-4-* ports. If it's older,
try to upgrade it and see how it goes with -fontScalable. I don't remember
the error message of building fonts with old imake, but it would indeed fail.

Dejan