ports/x11-fonts/XFree86-4-fontScalable, installation problem

pltxtra at 733kru.org pltxtra at 733kru.org
Fri Nov 26 00:53:17 PST 2004

Hello,

I have FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE installed, and tried to install a package
from ports (graphics/dia). This package depends on XFree86-4-fontScalable. When
I tried to install this package I encountered problems in the Makefile,
 /usr/ports/x11-fonts/XFree86-4-fontScalable/work/xc/fonts/encodings/Makefiel
to be exackt.. make reported ""Makefile", line 664: Missing dependency operator"
what does this mean? The line looks like this:
MakeEncodings($(SUBDIRS) $(DONES),$(ENCODINGSDIR),. large)

I have googled for a sollution, and I found one report of the exact problem, over
a year ago. But noone has reported any solution. What does the error message mean?
Is it a fault in the Makefile? Or could it be because I have an old version of imake
or something similar? (note, I have at least the version shipped with 5.2.1-RELEASE)

    Regards, Anton Persson.