xorg 6.8.1 + x800se

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Mon Nov 8 14:48:43 PST 2004

On Monday 08 of November 2004 04:17, Matthias Buelow wrote:
> Matthias Buelow wrote:
> > Now before I start a, without doubt painful, attempt at building 6.8.1
> > myself from the pristine sources, I'd like to know if
> > a) the pci-express card will work at all,
> > b) how long until 6.8.1 will appear in ports, and
> > c) is http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xorg-681-up-5.diff sufficient to patch an
> > up-to-date ports tree to xorg 6.8.1?
>
> Update: I applied the above patch and built x11/xorg.  Some manual
> interaction was necessary since not all patches applied cleanly but in
> the end it went quite well.

Mhm I somehow managed to botch the last patch :(
Here's the stuff I know were wrong:
- forgot to bump portrevision in old xorg-clients/Makefile
- forgot to modify xorg-server/files/patch-xorgconfig.c so it applies to new
sources
- forgot to mention that directories x11-fonts/xorg-fonts-100dpi/files and
x11-fonts/xorg-fonts-75dpi/files need to be created before applying patch

Could you tell if you remember if there were some other difficulties? I'll
post fixed version a bit later.

> X11 is up and running, and all seems fine
> so far.

Great to hear that.

Dejan