Summary of fallouts

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Tue Dec 7 16:59:07 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 01:49:18AM +0100, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> Instead of replying to separate errorlogs, I'll try to summarize progress on
> inspecting/fixing them here.
> For the most part the problems have been either fixed in advance, queued to be
> merged with final patch (or commited along with it) or are waiting for
> maintainers approval to fix/merge them. And a couple that should get fixed
> with PR 74536.

Great..thanks.  xorg-documents still has a minor plist error, btw:

http://dosirak.kr.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-latest-logs/extras.html

[So does libXext-6.4.3, libXp-6.0, libXxf86-1.0 and libxkbfile-1.0,
but I don't think they're part of the xorg metaport]

> That leaves at this time 4 unresolved. graphics/pecl-imagick and www/WebMagick
> I haven't yet managed to reproduce, but will try harder tomorrow :)

They might be related to the recent ImageMagick update, which broke a
number of ports.  This also might have been fixed today.

> I know
> what the problem is with graphics/p5-OpenGL (incompatibility with new gl
> headers) but I haven't figured out yet how to solve it.

OK.

> For the remaining one (unmaintained), I'm hoping to get some opinion on this
> list:
> graphics/mesa-demos is from source of old Mesa that is compatible with
> XFree86-* ports and not with upcoming xorg-* ports. If it is upgraded to new
> Mesa sources, the situation is reversed. Of course it can be either left at
> this version and marked broken in xorg case, upgraded and marked broken in
> xfree86 case or split into two ports. I personally don't use this port so I
> don't have any special preference.

Me either :)

Kris