Atheros AR9462 not working properly

Daniel Cervus DanieltheDeer at outlook.com
Thu May 13 13:25:18 UTC 2021

Hello,

My laptop is using Atheros AR9462 (Dell 1901) wireless card, which is supposed to be supported by the ath driver, but in FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p6, it doesn’t work correctly.

Although it supports 802.11n, only 802.11g network was detected.
bsdconfig displays as “unknown network interface type”, but during installation, it was correctly recognized.
Occasionally there’s “ath0: ath_edma_recv_tasklet: sc_inreset_cnt > 0; skipping” displayed.
I can connect to network in 802.11g mode, but not steadily, occasionally “Failed to add supported operating classes IE” was displayed.

Is that normal?