Broadcom BCM 43xx wireless chips

Andy Mender andymenderunix at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:09:36 UTC 2016

Dear Adrian,

I set the mentioned option (BWN_GPL_PHY just below the bwn driver) in the
kernel config file and recompiled the STABLE kernel.
Now the additional message about BWN_GPL_PHY is gone, but there is some 2-3
features listed as unsupported. The driver gets attached to the network
card as siba_bwn0, but no interface is created by ifconfig.

What should be the name of the interface in /etc/rc.conf - siba_bwn0 or
bwn0?

Otherwise, paradox added a link to some Broadcom device datasheets from
Cypress: http://www.cypress.com/search/all?f[0]=meta_type%
3Atechnical_documents&f[1]=resource_meta_type%3A575&f[2]=
field_related_products%3A110101

I had a quick look and although bcm4321 and bcm4322 are not on the list,
bcm4318, bcm4319 and bcm4325 are. Might be relevant to further testing and
writing drivers in general.

Best regards,
Andy