FreeBSD TDMA: Legalizing 440MHz 802.11 modems

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Wed Aug 27 23:09:10 UTC 2014

Is the underclocking affecting the digital domain only?  Or would there
be some analog frequency response curves that would start falling off
too?  If it's a digital-only underclock I don't see why there would be
any degradation (aside from the obvious speed decrease).  Is this easily
testable somehow, with a single clock variable?

Yes, the subcarriers would get really narrow, but the sampling time
would increase proportionately, so the FFT resolution would stay the
same.  I wonder if we'd be exceeding the hold time of the S&H
circuit(s)...  I don't really know anything about these chips, just
making wild ass guesses based on generic modem architecture.  :)

--Bart