FreeBSD TDMA: Legalizing 440MHz 802.11 modems

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 27 22:54:00 UTC 2014

Hi!

So, I'm not sure if we can underclock it _that_ far. The 5/10MHz
channels are implemented by underclocking various parts of the chip,
which results in everything being some fraction of 20MHz (or 2x
clocking it, resulting in 40MHz.) Bringing it all the way down to
200KHz is a pretty tall ask.

I know people have gone down to 2.5MHz on these chips, but I don't
know of anything lower than that. The OFDM subcarriers start being way
too narrow and I doubt you'd end up with anything sensible.

It's likely that you'd want to create a custom DSP based solution to
do 200KHz side stuff at that symbol rate.

-a