multi vap Multi-SSID with ath on FreeBSD 10-current

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:58:32 UTC 2012

On 22 July 2012 19:55, Kim Culhan <w8hdkim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at a pcap when running the ap with 4 vaps, behaving in the
> usual way looking at it from
> a client., cant connect to most of the ssid's.

Hm, right.

> Not finding anything remarkable looking at it with wireshark, would
> you want to give a look
> and see what you think?

I'm knee deep in massaging the driver to be ready for the AR93xx and
later series chips. I can give you some pointers, but I don't want to
get too distracted by other things. :)

What I'd do:

* I'd look at the beacon interval (in TU - which is 1024 microseconds)
in the beacon frames, for each VAP;
* Then I'd look at whether the beacons you're seeing are occuring at
regular intervals, at the above beacon intervals.

Let's first establish that you're reliably transmitting each beacon
correctly with the right interval, then we'll go from there.

Adrian