[maybe OT] Strange behaviour when connecting to serial port of a FreeBSD inside a VM

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu May 9 06:52:53 UTC 2019

Sorry if this off-topic, please direct me to the correct list.

I have FreeBSD running inside a VirtualBox VM, and while FreeBSD boots
and works fine and I could successfully hook up a host's domain socket,
I don't see output on the socket.
SOMETHING is working: Some boot messages are redirected, though to a
place that I do not see.

I have a shell script that recreates the entire situation from scratch,
I can describe everything in excruciating detail - where do I start?

Regards,
Jo