Updating uefi-edk2-bhyve

Rodney W. Grimes freebsd-rwg at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net
Sun Mar 31 07:44:10 UTC 2019

> Yes, OVMF is part of the TianoCore EDK2. OVMF/KVM is relevant in my
> opinion because the BHYVE UEFI firmware is a port of OVMF. In fact, with
> Scott's changes there's no longer a BhyvePkg, but our copy of OvmfPkg
> works with Bhyve. The code can be found at
> https://gitlab.com/scott-ph/edk2/tree/wip/2019-03/v2-bhyve-rebase-edk2-stable201903
> .
>

> > ^^^^^^^^^^^ This is the critical version, this is the
> > version of the SMBIOS/dmitables implemented by the bios.
>

> I think you're confused: I wasn't asking about updating the version of
> _SMBIOS_ that Bhyve uses, just the BIOS version and release date that
> are shown in the BIOS section of the SMBIOS data.

Ack, I get your queston now, and my answer is:

Yes if Scott updated the edk2 port the bios version in that
should defanitly be bumped.

What SMBIOS version is it reporting, out of curosity as I need
to do some work on that part of it with respect to my VM_MAXCPU
changes.   (Three reviews process, expect 3 to 5 more before
work is completed.)

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes at freebsd.org