Updating uefi-edk2-bhyve

Rebecca Cran rebecca at bluestop.org
Sun Mar 31 03:47:31 UTC 2019

On 3/30/19 2:37 PM, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
>> On 3/30/19 1:08 AM, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
>>>
>>> So it is a edk2 implementation, and can you point me at
>>> the bhyve version of it?  The Qemu/KVM version is rather
>>> not relavent to this discussion as that would not work due
>>> to core vmm implementation differences.

Yes, OVMF is part of the TianoCore EDK2. OVMF/KVM is relevant in my
opinion because the BHYVE UEFI firmware is a port of OVMF. In fact, with
Scott's changes there's no longer a BhyvePkg, but our copy of OvmfPkg
works with Bhyve. The code can be found at
https://gitlab.com/scott-ph/edk2/tree/wip/2019-03/v2-bhyve-rebase-edk2-stable201903
.

> ^^^^^^^^^^^ This is the critical version, this is the
> version of the SMBIOS/dmitables implemented by the bios.

I think you're confused: I wasn't asking about updating the version of
_SMBIOS_ that Bhyve uses, just the BIOS version and release date that
are shown in the BIOS section of the SMBIOS data.

--

Rebecca Cran