FreeBSD/Xen suspend/resume

Pratyush Yadav pratiy0100 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 11:21:59 UTC 2019

Hey Uni,

On 1/19/2019 4:59 AM, Uni Gaia wrote:
> Does anyone know if suspend/resume works for a FreeBSD/Xen dom0 ? domU?

I'm guessing by suspend/resume you mean xl save and xl restore. They
work for FreeBSD domU (with Linux dom0), tested on 13-CURRENT r342020.
I have not tested for FreeBSD as dom0 because I do not have it set up.

Hey Matthew
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 at 04:32, Matthew Grooms <mgrooms at shrew.net> wrote:

> On 1/19/2019 4:59 AM, Uni Gaia wrote:
> > Does anyone know if suspend/resume works for a FreeBSD/Xen dom0 ? domU?
>
> Hey Uni,

> may get a better answer here:
>
> FreeBSD dom0 is based on the Xen PVH virtualization mode which has seen
> two major iterations. PVHv1 has been in the tree for some time. I can't
> remember when PVHv2 hit the tree but I'm pretty sure it supplanted v1.
> It might be in 12-RELEASE?

Roger committed it to CURRENT on July 19 [0], and AFAIK it has made it
into 12-RELEASE.

> Check the release notes. You probably want v2
> as it's more feature complete. The port was done by Roger who, I
> believe, works for Cirtix Research. My point being that the port should
> be of very high quality and he/they probably want to hear if something
> isn't working with PVHv2.If I'm misrepresented anything, hopefully he'll
> chime in here.

I'm guessing you replied to the wrong thread, and you meant to reply
to the ARM/ARM64 thread?

[0] https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-xen/2018-July/003189.html

--
Regards,