Multiple bhyve hosts under Linux KVM

Rodney W. Grimes freebsd-rwg at pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net
Fri Feb 15 15:37:31 UTC 2019

> Good day,
>
> I have found the question  on the FreeBSD wiki about running bhyve hosts under Linux KVM on the bhyve's wiki:
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve#Q:_Can_I_run_multiple_bhyve_hosts_under_Linux_KVM_with_nested_VT-x_EPT.3F
>
> During the study work about virtualization I have checked it by repeating the part from FreeBSD handbook:
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/virtualization-host-bhyve.html .
>
> I have installed nested FreeBSD 10.3, nested Debian, and run two bhyves host with nested FreeBSD 10.3 simultaneously
> Part of that I recorded in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMj4m0gc1_k.
>

> In the attachments, there are my study logs. You might be interested in sections "Task 2. KVM nested Bhyve" (details) and "Appendix" (some system fingerprints).
>
> Sukhoplyuev Ilya

Hello,

Thank you for informing us of your work, sadly the email system
for freebsd.org has stripped your attachments from the mail so
we did not receive them.  Could you either provide a link to the
work, or if not send me a direct email with them attached
by replying to this email and I shall have the text placed in
the wiki for others to see.

Thanks,
--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes at freebsd.org