Multiple bhyve hosts under Linux KVM

Ilya Sukhoplyuev i.sukhoplyuev at innopolis.university
Fri Feb 15 08:08:30 UTC 2019

Good day,

I have found the question  on the FreeBSD wiki about running bhyve hosts under Linux KVM on the bhyve's wiki:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve#Q:_Can_I_run_multiple_bhyve_hosts_under_Linux_KVM_with_nested_VT-x_EPT.3F

During the study work about virtualization I have checked it by repeating the part from FreeBSD handbook:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/virtualization-host-bhyve.html .

I have installed nested FreeBSD 10.3, nested Debian, and run two bhyves host with nested FreeBSD 10.3 simultaneously
Part of that I recorded in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMj4m0gc1_k.

In the attachments, there are my study logs. You might be interested in sections "Task 2. KVM nested Bhyve" (details) and "Appendix" (some system fingerprints).

Sukhoplyuev Ilya