The status of docker

Grzegorz Junka list1 at gjunka.com
Fri Feb 1 19:39:41 UTC 2019

On 31/01/2019 07:50, Mark Blackman wrote:
> What problem are you trying to solve with docker?

There is a misunderstanding. I am not trying to solve any problem. The
team I am working with is using docker during development (by using a
preconfigured container they avoid having to setup a complex backend
system on development/CI machines). I was hoping to use FreeBSD during
the development but it proved difficult. I now have a choice of either
switching to Linux natively (as bhyve didn't help) or to use MacBook Pro
- both supporting docker out of the box.

Thanks

GrzegorzJ