New video BIOS for bhyve

Henrik Gulbrandsen henrik at gulbra.net
Thu Aug 15 18:50:58 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-03 22:32, Henrik Gulbrandsen wrote:
> On 2019-08-01 19:19, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
>> I let this fall through my cracks as well while busy with
>> other things.  I too would like to see this work moved
>> forward.  I see that your patches are against an 11.3
>> system, and can appreciate that not everone has resources
>> to run -head, how can we assist in getting these patches
>> moved forward to head?
>
> Oh, I can switch to 13-CURRENT. It's just that I run a single
> passively cooled low-power workstation and build everything
> from source code, so it will take me a couple of days to make
> the switch and rebuild all ports to avoid any ABI problems.
>
> The kernel patches are minor, and it looked like 11.3 had a
> recent merge from current, so I figured the difference would
> be small in practice. However, just in case of potential new
> problems, it seemed better to release a working version for
> 11.3 before I started struggling with the rebase.

It took a while, but now I have switched, tested, and fixed.
The original patch applied immediately to 13-CURRENT, so the
only problem was a Makefile change to deal with the new ld.

I'm still waiting for some input on repository requirements,
so I have just uploaded the new patch to the same web page:

     https://www.gulbra.net/freebsd-bhyve/

/Henrik