New video BIOS for bhyve

Henrik Gulbrandsen henrik at gulbra.net
Sat Aug 3 20:15:55 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-01 19:08, John Baldwin wrote:
> This is pretty impressive work!  Would you be able to post these
> patches to
> a public repository, e.g. on github or gitlab or some such?  That would
> really help with review and allow others to assist with the work as
> well.

Thanks. I would be happy to do that, but what would the extent of such
a repository be? These patches span at least two repos with changes to
the kernel, the vmmapi library, bhyve, and the UEFI-EDK2 firmware.

If the idea is that you should be able to build directly from a cloned
repository, I would need a specific baseline, and there may have to be
tags to link tested combinations of bhyve and UEFI/CSM code. It's not
Android-level of complexity, but I wonder if it's worth the effort.

If the point is simply to add the few files I have updated, in order
to compare different versions and make changes, that's another thing.
However, in that case, it would be harder to track the FreeBSD repo.

I have been busy for the past two weeks, so the version I released is
still the latest I have. If you have a specific idea of what this repo
should look like, you are welcome to create it for me. Otherwise, it
may have to wait until I have switched to 13-CURRENT as the baseline.

/Henrik