Status of HD Audio Emulation For bhyve?

Kalle Carlbark kalle.carlbark+freebsd at kcbark.net
Sun Jul 22 10:15:01 UTC 2018

Hi!

I was trying out the https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12419 on a recent FreeBSD
CURRENT (>= 336229) but didn’t get it to work using debian 9 as a guest. Mpg123
just hangs when trying to play an audio file. Also tried Ubuntu 18 but
that just hangs at boot time at “Target sound card”. I also tried with FreeBSD
as a guest and there mpg123 is erroring out with “dead channel”. I’ve compiled
bhyve WITHOUT_CAPSICUM but that doesn’t seem to solve anything. Also built with
DEBUG_HDA and that doesn’t output any errors what I can see. Sound works just
fine on the host system. Any hints?

Thanks!

--
Kalle Carlbark