How to setup graphical Linux vm in bhyve ? Continued from (Re: A question about VirtualBox USB support)

Frank Leonhardt (m) frank2 at fjl.co.uk
Tue Jan 9 09:13:52 UTC 2018

I'm not a fan of virtualization except as a last resort when a chroot/jail/zone doesn't cut it. So I'm not necessary the best person to ask.

My guess is that you have a problem with your virtual BIOS image or possibly GRUB. I think I've had CentOS 7 running on Bhyve (could have been Xen) using VNC but it took forever to boot, and gave me little pleasure.

What machine definition are you using? The config for Windoze wasn't the same IIRC. Change the VGA card and definitely the IDE driver hardware. Not AHCI. I can't remember the exact twist.

Regards, Frank.

--
Sent from my Cray X/MP with small fiddling keyboard.