Greetings from SmartOS

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 26 05:34:05 UTC 2018

On 26/4/18 1:12 pm, Patrick Mooney wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm a member of the team at Joyent working to port bhyve to SmartOS
> (and eventually illumos).  While illumos already has a port of
> KVM/qemu, the design goals and community around bhyve appear to be a
> much better match for us.  Like ZFS, DTrace, and most recently the BSD
> loader, this seems to be an area where we can benefit through
> collaboration.
welcome From this timezone (awake at this time).
I'm sure others will join as the sun makes it's Journey westward.
We've found that the various sun-inspired groups have been good
development partners. It makes sense to share work.. developers are a
scarce resource.

> Starting this autumn with the initial port Pluribus crafted in their
who's autumn? Autumn started 7 weeks ago here. That's quick work! :-)