Cannot install FreeBSD 12.0 on HP Compaq DC5850

Elena Mihailescu elenamihailescu22 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 07:44:56 UTC 2017

Hi Tommi,

> Hi Elena,
>
> If you can send more details from the hardware, the troubleshooting will
be
> faster.
> E.g. sending a dmesg output (even a screenshot) from the OS.

At the moment, there is no OS on this PC. When I try to install FreeBSD,
this is the only output which is displayed and everything hangs [1].

I took a picture of system information from BIOS [2]. Please tell me if
there is any other information from the hardware which I should provide.

> Have you tried booting FreeBSD 11.1-Release?
>
> Also when you mention FreeBSD 12.0-Current, is it how old? Or do you know
> the release version?

I downloaded FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT-amd64-20170814-r322508-disc1.iso from
here [3]. I will try the latest version, which is
FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT-amd64-20170925-r323985-disc1.iso and also, I will try
FreeBSD 11.1-Release.

Thanks,
Elena

[1] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8qXIRloK7xeRDZMdnJBTWRCXzA