Storage overhead on zvols

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Tue Dec 5 15:49:25 UTC 2017

Hi all,

> Am 05.12.2017 um 16:41 schrieb Paul Vixie <paul at redbarn.org>:
> in some bsd related meeting this year i asked allan jude for a bhyve level null mount,
> so that we could access at / inside the guest some subtree of the host, and avoid block
> devices and file systems altogether. right now i have to use nfs for that, which is irritating.

I'm not an FS developer but from experience as an admin that
feature - nullfs mounts into a hypervisor - while greatly desired,
looks quite nontrivial to implement.

Jordan went to 9Pfs for the now discontinued FreeNAS Corral
at iX. If it was easy to do at the VFS layer, I doubt they would have
gone that way.

Kind regards,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH			Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Kaiserallee 13a			Tel.: 0721 9109-0 Fax: -100