ATTN Docker, Jetpack users (was: Re: Docker on FreeBSD)

Clint Armstrong clint at clintarmstrong.net
Fri Jan 29 17:37:10 UTC 2016

I had to give up on Docker on FreeBSD because the latest versions of docker
are now very dependent on netlink APIs for networking. The new network
driver API for docker may allow creating a network driver for FreeBSD that
would bypass that, but I haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

I think good docker support is going to be dependent on newer Linux kernel
emulation in FreeBSD if porters don't want to make a full time job of
implementing workarounds with every docker update.