xen_kernel, console and X11

Michael Dexter editor at callfortesting.org
Sun May 3 15:04:52 UTC 2015

On 5/2/15 10:04 PM, Outback Dingo wrote:
>>> When I drop 'console=com1' from 'xen_cmdline', I cannot even see a login
>
> im not running X

Please clarify: Are you not getting a FreeBSD login prompt on a hardware
console or are you trying to connect to the FreeBSD host over a serial
connection. If the prior, do make sure you are using the specified host
and port SVN versions, you may simply need to wait for the FreeBSD
prompt to appear after the FreeBSD kernel messages have completed
(though not visibly). If the latter, do include console="comconsole" in
/boot/loader.conf

Michael Dexter