Shared CPU in Bhyve

Jordan Starcher jstarcher at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 14:51:56 UTC 2014

Hello,

As I understand, one of the great features of bhyve is the ability to have
completely isolated resources where a guest OS can only consume N number of
CPUs. However, I only have 4 CPUs on my machine and would like to use bhyve
to create a Linux guest on my FreeBSD host. I don't want to dedicate an
entire CPU to the bhyve guest. Is it possible to limit the CPU execution of
a bhyve guest, or better yet, change the CPU priority so if other processes
on the host machine need the CPU they can have it? Is it as simple as
changing the niceness of the bhyve process?

Thank you,
Jordan Starcher