Bhyve support in Libvirt

Roman Bogorodskiy novel at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 1 04:05:19 UTC 2014

  Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Roman Bogorodskiy <novel at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > http://empt1e.blogspot.ru/2014/03/bhyve-in-libvirt.html
> >

> This is a huge step forward for bhyve!  Thank you!
> There is a sizable ecosystem of software for managing hypervisors built on
> top of libvirt.
>
> Have you tested any of this software, such as virsh?
> Are there any GUI or web UI utilities built on top of libvirt
> which work with bhyve?

virsh is an official client that is a part of libvirt. I use it for
development and testing and also it's the main tool I use to manage VMs
with libvirt.

I know there's a GUI application called virt-manager
(deskutils/virt-manager port), but I didn't try that. I'm not aware of
web UI applications, but I didn't looks specifically.

> You might want to consider submitting a status report at:
> https://www.freebsd.org/news/status/status.html

I'll take a look, thanks for a suggestion.

Roman Bogorodskiy