Bhyve: acpi0: AcpiEnterSleepStatePrep failed - AE_NOT_FOUND

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 29 00:40:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

I notice that in BHyve, if I try to do "shutdown -p now",
there is an ACPI error:

Halting and powering down...
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `vnlru' to stop...done
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `bufdaemon' to stop...done
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `syncer' to stop...at
Syncing disks, vnodes remaining...0 done
All buffers synced.
Uptime: 17s
acpi0: AcpiEnterSleepStatePrep failed - AE_NOT_FOUND

The operating system has halted.
Please press any key to reboot.

Is that a known issue?
Is there another way to trigger a BHyve VM to shutdown from
inside the VM?  Right now I need to "bhyve --destroy --vm=myvm".

--
Craig