problems about bhyve

Jesse jesse at glx.me
Mon Jan 21 11:11:16 UTC 2013

First, I have to load vmm manually. If I write vmm_load="YES" into
/boot/loader.conf and restart the computer, then run ./vmrun.sh vm0, the
whole computer is dead, no keyboard, mouse response. And there is no
response when I press the power button too. So I have to cut off the
electronic. But it's OK if I manually load the vmm module.

Second, when I poweroff or shutdown -p now the guest os, the guest os will
stop at "Press any key to continue". So I kill it.

The host has been built WITHOUT_GCC, but I think this is irrelevant.

I want to help to test bhyve, but I don't know how to do really.